Sunday, June 2, 2019

All set for Parvati Valley......



Three Days to go for my Great Himalayan Trek.....so here's the backstory.....
Having done Kailash Mansarovar, Varanasi and Kumbh, Allahabad, I was wondering where Lord Shiva would call me next......no wonder it turned out to be Parvati Valley, Himachal Pradesh.
The very first time I heard the name Parvati Valley, I was strangely attracted to it and on reading up some literature, I discovered why it is called so. Legend says Lord Shiva meditated in this valley for about 3000 years as a Naga Sadhu. Seasons came and went and one day he opened his eyes and looked at the untouched virgin beautiful landscape and named it Parvati after his consort.
Known as the Amsterdam of India, Parvati Valley is called the Hippie Paradise with its crisp mountain air, delicious Israeli food and pine forests.
As I pack my bags to explore this divine land, I cant wait to experience the flowing rivers, the deep dense forests with fairies spotted by hippies, the psytrance culture, moonlit parties, drum circles and most of all the mystical and magical mountains and aura of Kasol, Grahan Village, Min Thatch, Nagaru, Barshaini and other quaint places.
So as they say when the mountains call, everything else fades in comparison.....! Looking forward for the Sarpass Trek from 5th to 15th June with Himtrek !!!

No comments: